What am I listening to?

Right now there are two albums that I am playing over and over in my house.

The first is The Garden by Lex Brodie. Oh my goodness, if you haven't heard it yet, go take a listen.

Lex was such an inspiration to me when I was younger, having just moved out of home and attending Soul Survivor Watford. She was one of the first female worship leaders I knew, but also someone who spoke with such honesty and authenticity. Her vulnerability about her journey with God resonated with me so much, and then to hear it come through in her music made 'Through the Valley' one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's ten years later and she has finally released another album for me to gush over and it's every bit as beautiful. If you loved Heaven Rejoices, just wait until you hear 'A Beautiful Heart' - songs that speak to your identity like no other songwriter I know.

The whole album is just perfect, there isn't a single song on there that is 'filler' and I'm so in love with it.

The second album is actually only an 'EP' with just four songs, but oh my goodness we love them. Orphans to Heirs by Andy Flood just hit number two in the UK iTunes 'Christian and Gospel' album chart, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it hits number one by the time I finish typing this an post it.

The first time I heard 'Heaven on Earth' Andy just played it with my rubbish guitar in my living room and I was already so excited about it. If you can make a song sound good on my guitar it is a winner!

Add to that the production skills of Jack Kirchner and you are always going to have something incredible. Andy's song writing is amazing, but this album is backed up by an incredible team and genuinely the only disappointment is that there aren't more tracks. I seriously cannot wait for him to produce a full album.

Both these albums are so worth investing in and I genuinely believe they will build your faith and bless you if you do. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.