Rawesome Blend and How to Get Children to Drink a Green Smoothie

Another day, another delicious smoothie from natural blender, and I have to say I'm getting used to the thicker texture. I'm still watering it down significantly further than suggested, but I'm quite enjoying it. 


A few people have asked me how I convince my children to drink green smoothies (as opposed to the sugar laden fruit smoothies mostly marketed to children) and the honest answer is... Sometimes they don't. 

Sometimes I end up drinking pints of juice because I don't want to waste it and they are both refusing. 

Today was a day where Will was on the brink of refusing (he pulled a face on first taste) and I could see Lila watching him before she took her first sip, so I knew I had to act fast. 

So I made up a game.

You have to guess the ingredients. You can't guess until you taste.

I gave hints out:
It's a bit sour...
"Lemon?"
No...it's green, try another sip...
"Lime?" 
No... Try a bit more, you'll get it. Little black seeds... Hairy skin...
"Kiwi?"
Yes! What else...?

And this kept him engaged until he's finished the glass. Obviously I didn't mention spinach or Kale. The trick with this game is to only mention fruit that they love. 

 And once William has accepted it, Lila is happy to follow suit. 

Hope that helps! 

1 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for sharing this post on how to get children to drink Green energy drinks. Your ideas seem great and worth trying. I will definitely add plenty of chocolate and sweet fruits to make herbal drinks tasteful.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.