Kale me crazy


Time for another smoothie from natural blender and today I choose "kale me crazy", which, as the title suggests, seems to be largely made from kale. 

In fact, there was so much kale in this smoothie that it claims to deliver 684% of my daily mineral requirements! 

The smoothie also included Apple, lime, ginger, flaxseed, sunflower seeds and coconut water. 

On first sip I wasn't sure about it, and thought it could probably use a little more ginger of lime, but it's growing on me. 

The thing about smoothies over juices is that they take a lot longer to drink. With a juice I can just knock it back, however it tastes, but a smoothie is so thick that I actually sit down and spend time drinking it. This is probably a good thing in terms of slowing down and eating mindfully, but it's far less convenient when you are late for a sports class and haven't eaten yet! 

I'll be honest, this wasn't my favourite smoothie from natural blender; but it was perfectly drinkable and not unpleasant. If I were to make it again I think I might throw in another lime though. There were also quite a few seeds unprocessed at the end, because I either didn't blend for long enough or because I forgot to soak them last night. My bad. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.