The Great Sleep Experiment Day 13: Not going so well....

The Daily Bump and Grind » Are You Kidding Me?
image source
The Great Sleep Experiment seems to have hit a stumbling block last night - I literally could not keep my eyes open after 8pm. I tried to read a book in a bright room, but... I guess I fell asleep because I woke up with a crick in my neck at 9:45pm.

I'm putting it down to the fact that it's exeat and with all the boys gone home the house was super quiet. Also it's been an emotionally draining week with some other stuff going on which I hope to be able to write about in the future, but now is not the time.

Still, I woke up at 5am feeling fresher than I ever, and I guess the whole 'curing insomnia' thing has worked as I certainly don't have any problem dropping off the minute my head touches the pillow now.

So, I'm still only just over halfway through, but I do feel good - despite falling asleep early. I'm hoping it was a one off. This morning I've opted for Lemon and Frankincense Oil in my diffuser whilst I work on my book report for TSM. It's a lovely refreshing way to start the day and is definitely helping me feel more focussed - except for this tiny little break I'm taking to update here!

The book we're studying is called 'The Supernatural Ways of Royalty' By Bill Johnson and Kris Vallotten. I'll be honest, I didn't like the forward or the beginning of the first chapter. If it wasn't a course requirement I probably wouldn't have finished reading it. That said, I've pushed through and it does get better. A LOT better. In fact, I really like it now. The writing style is quite confrontational and not my favourite, but there's a lot of truth in this book.



1 comments:

  1. Sleep is so important... glad it is going well for you. :)

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.