Did you miss me...?

I haven't been posting much recently. In case you missed it, I have a job now - as in one that I am paid for.

It's kind of great, because it is working from home and means I'm around for my kids and we can still homeschool etc... but also kind of the worst of both worlds, because I don't get to disappear to an office have coffee breaks etc... I'm still a stay at home mum with two kids and a dog, but now I do other stuff on top of that!

I'm really enjoying it, but it's totally exhausting, and basically that's why my posts are becoming more and more sporadic.

But it's Christmas holidays now, I've slept for nearly three days and I feel almost human, so I figure it's time to post a recipe. I don't actually have anything new, more of a Christmassy adaptation. It started with the fact that everyone around me is going on about gingerbread lattes that Starbucks only do at Christmas.

I don't care.

That doesn't even sound one bit nice.
HOWEVER, I will admit to missing steamed milk with various syrups added. My favourite Christmas one being peppermint. Then I thought, why miss out? Go to your favourite coffee shop (if you live in Bedford, that should be Groundfloor) and sneak in a small bottle of peppermint essential oil (make sure it's food grade!)

One drop in your hot steaming milk and you have the most deliciously yummy Christmas treat you can enjoy whilst out shopping with friends.

This is something I've been doing for a while, but here's where it gets interesting. Tonight I was making peanut butter cups (well, cashew butter really) which are super easy. You can make GAPS legal 'chocolate' by melting coconut oil with honey and cocoa powder (if you add a dash of cream it's even more delish) which I layer with cashew butter and freeze in little cupcake trays, then store in the fridge.

When I had about half the recipe left, I remembered another blogger saying that you could melt creamed coconut with peppermint oil and put that in the middle to make chunky 'after eight' style bites.

I'm too lazy to get out another pan, so I just stirred the oil into the ganache and it was flipping good.

I made another cupcake tray full of them, but I still had some left...

So I stirred in some raw milk and made the most delicious mint chocolate milk shake I think I've ever had. Too much to drink now though, so I've put some in the fridge. Just hoping Matt and the kids don't spot it before me tomorrow morning...


Easy GAPSy treats just in time for the holidays, and you can whip them all up in one pan in less than 10 minutes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.