Pear Pie


photo credit


If you are lucky enough to have an orchard with pears this recipe is perfectly frugal for this time of year. If you don't, well, pears aren't too expensive...

Like most of my recipes, this bears little resemblance to it's title, but it was named by a five year old, so.... It's more like a pear omlette, but that doesn't have the same ring to it.

It was inspired by an apple omlette I saw on pinterest, but my daughter is allergic to apple, so a few tweaks later and we have something the whole family can enjoy.




You will need:

4 large eggs
2-3 ripe pears
2 bananas
2 vanilla pods
butter
cinnamon
nutmeg

Slice or chop the pears (I've tried both and they are equally delicious) and fry in some butter with a generous sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Whilst that is cooking, throw the eggs, vanilla seeds and bananas into a blender and blend until they are fluffy and foamy. Throw your left over vanilla pods in some vodka.

Add a little more butter and then pour your mixture over the pears.

Cook on low until it's just beginning to set and then flip it (if you are a culinary genius) or grill it (I do the second) to get a nice golden top.

You can slice it like a pie to serve.
My kids like it with honey, I'm all about ice cream.
Enjoy it how you like.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.