Child Friendly GAPS Legal Butter Chicken!

I had to write this down before I forgot the recipe because it is AMAZING.

I started with a recipe from BBC food and just tweaked it a little, so if your children are less fussy than mine, or you aren't on a restrictive diet, feel free to just use their version, although I'm telling you, in the most humble way possible, mine is fantastic. You could add some chilli if you like, but my family are not fans of hot food, so the ginger was plenty heat for us.



You will need:

3 chicken breasts cut up (or equivalent weight in any chicken pieces)
1 whole pack of butter (raw if you have it)
100 ml plain yoghurt (bonus points for making your own)
200ml cream (raw if you can)
100g tomato puree (how to make your own)
2 whole limes, juiced
1 onion grated
1 small bulb of garlic, chopped up
3 inches of fresh root ginger, grated
3 tbsp of ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
a generous amount of salt (I use smoked)
a good amount of ground black pepper

Directions:

1. Deep fry the chicken pieces in the butter. Yeah, you heard that right. Do it.
2. Once the chicken is starting to brown, throw in the garlic and onions to cook for a bit. 
3. Stir in everything else that is not dairy.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the dairy slowly so that the cream doesn't split. 

You can serve this with rice if you are a normal person. We served it with a watercress salad and vegetable crisps, along with my cheese and chive dipping sauce.  

I also threw in a load of peas because my children are obsessed with them right now. You do not have to do this if you don't like them :o)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.