Peanut Butter Cups

photo credit

I was craving chocolate pretty badly this morning and I wanted to be able to eat it without my children judging me.
Enter real food 'peanut butter cups'.

These are nothing like reeses peanut butter cups - although there are some great GAPS legal recipes for those out there too. You should check out my Pinterest boards.

These are something more like a Rolo desert and Reeses love child.

I just made it up, but according to a poll of two it makes me the best mum ever. They might not be the healthiest breakfast ever, but they are quick to make, satisfying and definitely still better than the sugar and grain laden cereals that Kellogg's and other food giants try to push on my children as 'healthy'.

First up you need to make some ganache.
I do this by melting 1/2 a pack of butter with 100g honey and whisking in 1/3 cup of cocoa powder. Remove from the heat and slowly stir in 150ml of double cream (raw if available).

Set that to one side.

Next, whisk together 1/2 cup of peanut butter, 1/2 cup of honey and 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil.

Spoon the peanut butter mixture into ramekins and pour the ganache over the top. Refrigerate if you have time and then serve.



Here's the quick list:
Ganache:
125g butter (grass fed)
1/3 cup cocoa (organic)
100g honey (Raw or cold pressed if possible)
150ml cream (raw is best, otherwise organic)

Filling:
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup peanut butter (bonus points for making your own with soaked, dehydrated nuts)
1/4 cup coconut oil (organic)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.