Chicken and 'Garlic Bread' Soup

We are all about the soups recently! From Beef & Mushroom, Carrot & Almond to Chocolate! And why not? Broth is incredibly healthy and soup is such a wonderful comfort food at this time of year when the winter has been stretching on just a bit too long for my liking.

This recipe is one my son requested; when I asked what flavour soup I should make, the reply came 'chicken and garlic bread'.

We don't have bread currently, being on GAPS, but I used to make garlic bread really regularly as it's one of my favourite foods. Fortunately, my son shared my love and we would bake it to have with soups nearly everyday of winter when he was young.

It didn't take long to conjure up a memory of what garlic bread tasted like and all I really remember is buttery goodness. It's possible there was some doughy deliciousness that I'm blocking, but the main memory is butter. And melted cheese. We always melted cheese on our garlic bread.

So here is my easy chicken and garlic bread soup recipe.

Ingredients:

4-6 cups chicken broth
any leftover chicken, shredded (we picked it from the carcass used to make the broth)
2 cooked carrots (rescued from the broth again)
1 small bulb of garlic
1 purple onion
75g of medium cheddar grated
1/4 pack of butter
100ml double cream
3 tbsp chopped chives
1/2 tsp smoked salt (one of my new flavours for 2013)
pepper to taste

Finely chop the garlic and onion and fry in the butter on a medium heat.
Once browned, add the broth, carrots and cheese, then blend.
Stir in the rest of the ingredients.

Serve to your adoring family. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.