Lime & Clementine Curd

I recently pinned a great recipe for GAPS legal tangy lemon curd (if you don't follow me on pinterest, you should ;o) ) from the Nourishing Gourmet

ng_lemoncurd
Photo from The Nourishing Gourmet
It's a great, frugal, recipe because unlike some lemon curd recipes, she uses whole eggs instead of just the yolks. Sometimes I like to see a recipe that uses just yolks, because we can use the whites to make macaroons, but today I went with the whole egg. 

I did however, adjust the recipe slightly, because I didn't have enough lemon! One measly half lemon in my fridge - but I wasn't going to let that stop me. Let me introduce you to Lime & Clementine Curd:


The recipe goes like this:

4 eggs (you could use 5 egg yolks instead if you wanted to make it richer)
1/2 cup of honey
Zest and juice of a lime
Zest and juice of a Clementine
7 tbsp coconut oil

Step one
Place eggs and zest in the food processor with the honey and blitz until really fluffy.
Whilst that's going on, melt the coconut oil in a pan.

Step two
Pour warm coconut oil into the processor whilst it's still running, and add the juice.

Step three
Return everything to the pan and whisk over a medium heat until thick and creamy - You'll know when it happens, it's really sudden.

Step four
Place in jars to cool and then put in the fridge. 

I want this to be green, because it tastes like it's green, but unfortunately the eggs make it yellow. Anyhow, it's a delicious way to get a bit of extra coconut oil in your life. So enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.