It's Not About Me



I love Max Lucado's series for kids 'Hermie & Friends' and think he is a fantastic author in the sense that he puts across spiritual truths in a simple, uncomplicated manner, but doesn't shy away from big truths. When I was a fairly young christian he was one of my favourite authors.

I don't know what's changed, but when I read 'It's Not About Me' I just couldn't really get into it. It's not that what he said wasn't true or important, it just didn't really stir my spirit the way his books used to, or the way 'Why God Won't Go Away' did.
The idea that it's about God and not you is something I think we all need reminding of, but the second to last chapter about the blessings God will give you, specifically the financial gain, was disappointing. Lucado writes from what seems to be a prosperity gospel point of view, which is not something I had previously attributed to him.

That said 95% of the book was all content I agreed with, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to a younger believer as a light and easy read with some important points about re-evaluating your world view to put Christ at the centre. Not for me, but still a good book. I give it 3 out of 5.

*Disclaimer* Although I received this book for free in exchange for my honest review, the opinions expressed are entirely my own. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.