Cinnamon Swirl Cake



This is a grain-free, sugar-free, cake that had my son asking if it was his birthday!

It's honestly really good.

I got the idea from pinterest and changed it a little to make the texture more to our liking, so here's the updated recipe:

1 cup coconut flour
10 large eggs
3/4 cup of yoghur
1/2 cup honey
Embedded image permalink1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

Mix it together really well and then pour into a greased pan.

Meanwhile blend together:
125g melted butter
1/3 cup honey
1/2 soaked and dried pecans

Pour it around on top of the batter and then swirl with a knife until you have a pretty pattern.
Bake for 40 minutes at 170c.

All done. Just cut up and serve :0)

A note to my American friends:
The original recipe suggests serving with bacon and maple syrup for breakfast. Knock yourselves out.

A note to my British friends:
Ignore the bacon and syrup - this is great with a cup of hot chocolate and nothing else.

A note to 4 year old boys:
My son assures me that this is best eaten with yellow pepper, cucumber and tomato. I'm not so sure, but hey, if you like that kind of thing... Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.