Pesto dressing

We've been on holiday back in Cumbria and you can catch up on all our adventures here; but what I really wanted to tell you about is salad dressing.

My friend Laura made us the most spectacularly good GAPS legal meal on our last night, and I had the pleasure of cooking alongside her and learning some new recipes.

This salad dressing is absolute heaven, and is based on a river cottage recipe from the 'veg everyday' cookbook, but with a bit of a twist.

It's simple to make, and you could easily eat it with absolutely anything, but drizzled over a French bean and courgette salad was how we had it and it was amazing. It's also a great way to use up the glut of pesto you will have made if your herb garden is looking anything like ours this summer!

You will need:
- 3tbsp cold pressed olive oil
- juice and zest of one lime
- juice and zest of one orange
- a clove of garlic
- 2 tbsp of pesto (how to make pesto)
- generous amounts of salt and pepper

You basically pound all this stuff together in a pestle and mortar (which I'd never used before, but thoroughly enjoyed) then drizzle in the liquid ingredients, adding the oil last and whisking just before you drizzle over your salad.

We actually used red pesto, but I've since come home and made it with green and I haven't quite decided which is best...

I'm thinking this could work well to marinade my 'sun dried' (dehydrated) tomatoes too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.