Breakfast Cake

It's rare for me to blog on a Sunday, but we've just finished Live Below the Line and I thought I'd test a new recipe. This couldn't have turned out better, so I had to share.

Introducing:
Breakfast Cake with Strawberry Honey (GAPS legal)


The Cake
7 eggs
1/2 cups ghee (or coconut oil)
1-2 tablespoon honey, depending on taste
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 teaspoons vanilla essence
3/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup of mixed seeds (soaked and dehydrated)


Preheat your oven to 160c
Blend all the ingredients (except the seeds) 
Stir in the seeds
Grease a bread pan and pour your batter in 
Bake for 40 minutes

Meanwhile...

The Honey
Take honey and a large quantity of strawberries (you can use frozen if you have any left from last years produce - I had to buy mine :o( )
As a general rule I use about 6 times the quantity of strawberries to honey. 
Simmer over a low heat whilst the cake is cooking, occasionally mashing with a potato masher. 



To serve slice breakfast cake and pour on copious amounts of strawberry honey. Any left over honey should be stored in the fridge.

My kids LOVED this breakfast and so did I. Although anything tastes good after a week of chicken broth!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.