Veggie fudgey brownies

One of the things I love about GAPS is how it has released a creativity in me with regards to my cooking.

When you work with simpler ingredients, there really is a lot less to go wrong. My confidence has increased and I'm starting to not only tweak recipes, but have a go at creating new ones... With success!!


These brownies are one such success.



You will need:
1 cup butter
1 cup cocoa
9 eggs
1 1/2 cup honey
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 cup coconut flour
2 large courgettes
2 large carrots

First of all melt the butter and stir in the cocoa.
Leave to cool.
Grate the vegetables and stir into the chocolate butter.
Whisk together all the other ingredients really well, adding the coconut flour slowly to avoid lumps.
Stir in the chocolate/veggie batter.
Pour into a lined baking tray (I used my biggest roasting pan) and cook on 160c for 45-50 minutes (or until a skewer in the middle comes out clean.

We ate ours warm with sour cream on top and it was divine. I'm pretty sure they'd taste great cold too, but we couldn't wait that long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.