Thick Chocolate Milkshakes

Chocolate milk wasn't the first thing I missed when I went on GAPS, but my son does love them. I tweaked a recipe I found online and it was great. Way better than any Frijj (my families favourite brand).


So here's how to whip one up yourself:

You will need:

- 1 cup of raw milk/coconut milk (you could switch half for cream to make this really indulgent)
- A generous tablespoon of Chia Seeds (ground up unless you have a seriously good blender)
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cocao powder
- 1 vanilla pod scraped out

Blend it all together (with a little ice if you like), and let it sit for two mins. The chia seeds will soak up the milk and turn into a lovely thick shake during those two minutes, so it's important to give it that time.

Chia seed is really good for you and this is a great way to get it into your diet. Not only is it packed with omega 3 (more so than even salmon!), but it's an excellent source of calcium and protein. Their water retaining properties make them really gentle on your colon too. For more details about Chia seeds click here

Happy, healthy, milkshake making!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.