A productive day

It's been a productive day today.
Firstly, whilst Lila was napping, Matt and Will took a trip to the park, which left me nearly two hours to declutter my house.

I love to declutter.

I cleared out nearly two full bin liners of actual trash from around our house. All those broken bits of plastic and tyres from cars that the kids would not let me get rid of if they were present.

I also sorted through their art work, scanned and filed anything worthy of recording an threw out the paper.

I shredded a tonne of mail that we didn't need to keep but for some reason had been piling up on my table by the front door.

I also threw out a bunch of cables, a CD drive and a blue tooth headset driver that we no longer had the head set for. It's amazing how this stuff builds up.

But the best thing I did today was to fix my own computer, via whatsapp with my cousin Sam.

It needed a new power supply. It's symptoms were that it kept shutting down without asking me, then today it wouldn't switch on at all. If that happens to you, here's what you've got to do.

1. Take your computer apart. This was pretty easy once I worked out how. Most computers have a couple of screws on the back, but mine has a switch with a picture of a padlock that you have to slide into the 'unlock' position.
Once you've done this, the whole side of the computer should come off.

2. CAREFULLY dust inside your computer. Sam recommended vacuuming it, I used an ostrich feather duster. Your choice.

3. Undo the four screws that holds the power supply unit in your computer and slide it out.

4. Take coloured post it's or tape and label where each bit you unplug goes.

5. Take your separated unit to napkins or some other such store and ask for a new one.

6. Try not to be concerned when the guy starts sniffing your power supply. Apparently that's how they can tell if it's blown. (Glad we cleared that up as I was about to snatch it back and go to PC World).

7. Take your new unit home and match up the cables with the coloured ones on your old unit.

8. Plug them into their colour coded holes

9. Put the side back on

10. Switch on and congratulate yourself on being a master computer engineer.

Easy Peasy, and only costs about £12 :0)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.