Homemade Baked Beans

I hate this recipe.

It takes so long to prepare, and I don't even like the result. Have I ever mentioned my phobia of baked beans?

I've never been able to eat them, even as a child. My mum and sister introduced my son to them and he instantly became an addict. I'm surprised he didn't cry when I told him they weren't GAPS friendly.

My daughter loves them too. I hate them so much I have to wear gloves whilst cooking them.

Anyway, if anyone else has children, obsessed with beans, like mine you can actually make GAPS friendly baked beans, and they freeze well, so you can make tonnes and freeze them in portions for bringing out later.

Anyway, my recipe goes like this.

About half a bag of haricot beans from waitrose.
300g tomatoes or organic passata
1 onion
1 clove garlic
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1.5 tbsp honey
1 tbsp butter
Lots of salt
A little pepper

Soak the beans overnight then rinse and boil for 25-30 minutes.
Melt the butter and fry the chopped onion and garlic until soft.
Add in the tomatoes, honey, vinegar and salt & pepper.
Blend until smooth.
Pour over the beans and cook until soft.

Try not to vomit whilst serving them.

Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.