The best soup in the world. Ever.

Yesterday I stumbled across a recipe that I can only describe as divine. It's my own invention (I don't think I've seen it anywhere before) and it's amazing (even if I say so myself).

Carrot and Almond soup.

Try it before you judge me.

The almonds add a delicious creaminess that is GAPS friendly, even for those who are sensitive to milk.

I'll be perfectly honest, I don't weigh or measure, so all units of measurement are approximate.


1lb of carrots
2 pints of chicken stock
1 cup of onions
2 leaves cabbage, finely shredded
1/3 cup almonds
4 cloves of garlic
3 tbsp Ghee
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tbsp salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp mint
1 tsp nutmeg

  1. Simmer the carrots in the chicken stock until they are totally soft
  2. Saute the onions
  3. Add the cabbage and cook for a few more minutes
  4. Add spices and lemon juice to the onions and cook for 30 more seconds
  5. Add spice/onion mixture to the carrots
  6. Add in your almonds*
  7. Blend
Delicious


*When using nuts you should always prepare them properly. Soak them for at least 8-12 hours before use. If you want them crispy again, use a dehydrator. In this soup it is fine to leave them soft. It helps them to blend more easily.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.