No one can be good all of the time and it's basically the law that you should bake something outrageously chocolatey on valentines day - at least that's what I'm telling myself as I indulge in the most ridiculously delicious thing I've made in a long time...
Molten chocolate lava cookies.
I got the idea off pinterest.
Here's my recipe:
250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
800g chocolate chips (or smashed up chocolate bars, your choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C and grease a muffin tin.
2. Sift together the flour, bicarb and salt; set aside.
3. Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended.
4. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy.
5. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
6. Stir in 250g of chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
7. Blob cookie dough into the muffin trays, making a well shape in the middle of each one, being careful to use only half the mixture.
8. Divide up the leftover chocolate and place it in the wells of the cookie mixture.
9. Seal them in with more cookie dough.
10. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before serving with delicious vanilla over cream.
You can thank me later ;0)
Powered by Blogger.