Older women - we need you!!

Have you read the comments from the “Moms Need Help” post of 'like a warm cup of coffee'?

Here’s a sampling:

“Life has been hard and busy lately and I can’t remember the last time I truly took a breath.” -Sarah

“I am exhausted…as a mom, a wife,… a human being. I feel I have nothing left to give and the harder I try to find time to rest the faster the interruptions and distractions seem to come. I so need a place to rest and to be refreshed but feel like I have no where to go. I just want to breathe again instead of feeling like I am holding my breath.” –DMS

“I’ve been praying long and hard for God’s provision for a chance to rest, but even more, for that heart connection of someone who has ‘been there’ to walk alongside me. Sometimes (most times) I am overwhelmed at how much I still have to learn, how much I want to grow.” –Erica

“Most days I feel like I’m failing at motherhood.” –Crystal

“I have four under the age of three, and just feel overwhelmed.” –Jessica

“I feel so exhausted – not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually.” –Jacqui


photo credit

“Yesterday I struggled so much and by the end of the day was a heap of emotion on the floor.
I feel like I just need to find myself again and rejuvenate to become the best mom I can be. I don't like feeling like I am drowning in the job of motherhood. I want to be a strong, patient, loving, Christ example to my children and husband.” -Nicole

Older women, we need you! 
We need you to come alongside us to teach us and to help us.
Many women feel like they are drowning – can you lend a hand?

Is there a mum of little ones in your church or neighborhood you can help?
How about a family member?

I know you’re tired or busy, but these are the mums that are raising the next generation – they need you to persevere so that they can.

Will you help?



'Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.'
-Titus 2:3-5

- Kj
Xxx


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.