The Bread Machine

I've got a bread machine - and I got it for free!!


I've wanted one for ages, but we just didn't have the budget for it, so Matt said if I could get one for free, I could have it (that makes him sound really bossy. He isn't, but we don't have a lot of counter space inour new house, so even this was a big concession). Well, I prayed and put a wanted out on freecycle.


For those who haven't used it before, freecycle is awesome. You can list stuff you want rid of, or advertise for stuff you want; the only rule is no gain for giving something away. This isn't a swap shop. It is a gifting site, pure and simple.


Anyhow, within a few hours someone had gifted me a bread machine. How cool is that? I made us a lovely spelt loaf.

and it's super easy.


500g organic spelt flour

1 sachet yeast

1.5 tsp salt

1.5 tbsp olive oil

335ml water


chuck it all in the bread machine and wait. It even has a timer so that we woke up to the smell of lovely warm bread this morning.


Which has done absolute wonders for helping me drag my butt out of bed in the Hello Mornings challenge.


It has also got my son to eat something other than plain white bread :) So last night we made fondue to go with our lovely new bread.

I was going to take a picture of the fondue, which we made with red wine instead of white (I just didn't have any white) butI forgot. Suffice to say it looks like play doh. It's not very appetizing to look at, but tastes amazing, so it's totally worth it.


Will tucked into everything. I think the novelty of using a long spear to eat his food helped.

And finally we enjoyed some delicious strawberry and blueberry homemade kefir. I'm so please that we are improving our eating habits, and getting up that little bit earlier is making all the difference to how much time I have to plan meals effectively.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.