It's the most wonderful time of the year...


I love this time of the year. I know that song refers to Christmas, but there is something about this time of year, when I'm starting to think about Christmas, but no one is stressed about it and I'm not being bombarded with giant flashing sale signs that I love. It's a time when I get to secretly start planning, but there's no hurry. I can stash a way a gift for someone and smile every time I see them, but not worry when I bump into those I haven't got any ideas for yet.

I like to make gifts for people too. The time and love that goes into preparing something makes it all the more special when you get to hand it to them. This year I decided that I'm going to make my kids one present that they can open early - stockings!

No, I'm not going to make up sacks full of presents for them, I am making the actual stocking, which I will wrap and allow them to open early, so that we can hang it up see if anything is inside it on Christmas morning. 

Now those of you who know me will know that I am not into kids receiving loads of gifts, so I made my stockings what I consider to be a reasonable size. I'm embroidering each one with the relevant child's initial too, so that they will always know which is theirs. The stockings are made out of an old pair of curtains too, so they have literally cost me nothing - bonus!

So here is Will's finished stocking:

And here is the close up:

My blind stitching needs a lot of work, I'd completely forgotten how to do it. My Sewing teacher would throw a fit, but I'm pretty proud of my embroidery.

Enjoy the season! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.